Welcome to the website of Voices for America's Troops, a non-profit subsidiary of Military Officers Association of America. We have adopted the following policies to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy for our members and other Website users. The following paragraphs disclose our information-gathering and dissemination practices. This
applies to all MOAA entities, including the MOAA Scholarship Fund, MOAA Military Family Initiative and
Voices for America's Troops.
This policy describes the type of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our websites and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies
and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. By accessing or using this website, you agree to
Should you have additional questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us:
This policy applies to information we collect when you submit an application for Voices membership:
- on our websites;
- in email and other electronic messages between you and this website;
- from your registration for MOAA-sponsored events; and
- when you interact with our applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by any third party (including affiliates):
- us offline or through any other means or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the website.
This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect and Store
We may collect and store information from you when you visit any of MOAA’s websites.
1. Information You Provide
MOAA collects some personal information, such as your name, phone number, email address, military rank, and home or business postal addresses. MOAA encrypts the transmission of sensitive information,
for your protection, using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
The email addresses of MOAA members and others who subscribe to our email newsletters are not sold or rented to anyone, including business partners, advertisers, and providers of insurance or other member benefits.
MOAA members who change or provide their email address via MOAA's "Your Membership Info" will be subscribed to MOAA's email newsletters inclusive of, but not limited to, the "President's Message" and "MOAA Messages." Upon receipt of the email newsletters, the user may
decide to opt-out of the email distribution list by following the instructions at the bottom of the email message.
Members may call the Member Service Center to have their names removed from MOAA's email address list and, thereafter, will not receive e-newsletter or marketing communications from MOAA.
b. Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys
Occasionally, MOAA may offer contents, promotional giveaways, or surveys. Participation is voluntary. Information collected may be used to contact participants of prize notification or for solicitation purposes, such as sending a request to join MOAA.
2. Log Data
When you use MOAA’s websites, we may record information about your online sessions including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, the webpage visited before you came to MOAA’s website, information you search for on MOAA’s websites, locale, date and time stamps of transactions, system configuration
information and metadata, and other use of MOAA’s websites.
identifying information is stored in the cookies that are used by MOAA or our affiliates.
At the time of signing in as a member or a guest, MOAA sets a cookie on your machine. This information simply identifies you as a member or guest. The cookie facilitates you gaining access to protected areas of the site, pre-populates information on certain forms to save your from re-keying your
information, and delivers custom content and images. The cookie is set for a six-month period, after which the cookie expires and you must identify yourself as a member or a guest through our sign-in forms.
MOAA is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We reserve the right to share information with MOAA's subsidiaries, MOAA's officially chartered affiliates, and trusted third-party vendors that provide contracted services for MOAA and its membership.
Information collected on MOAA's website from MOAA members is done to fulfill requests inclusive of, but not limited to, ordering MOAA publications, asking for MOAA assistance, and registering for MOAA events and specialized services.
MOAA will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
How Your Information Is Used
We use the personal information we collect to operate, improve, and personalize the website and services, including to provide customer service, customize our advertising and marketing, and detect, prevent, and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
You agree that we may use your personal information as follows:
- to personalize your MOAA experience and service;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provided it such as donation, sales, and membership transactions;
- for customer service and security and to detect fraud or illegal activities;
- to verify your membership status;
- to communicate with you — via email, telephone, postal mail, or otherwise as authorized by you — to inform you about the products, services, special offers, etcetera;
- to better understand how users access and use the website and services, for the purposes of trying to improve the website and services and to respond to user preferences, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to users' usage of the services;
- to help us develop our new products and services and improve our existing products and services;
- to provide users with advertising and direct marketing that is more relevant to you; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
- to inform MOAA members of the programs and activities of MOAA's subsidiaries and officially chartered affiliates.
This Site to a Friend and Email This Article to a Friend
If a user elects to use MOAA's "Recommend This Site to a Friend" or "Email This Article to a Friend" features, we ask for the user's email address and the friend's email address. MOAA will automatically send the
friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. MOAA stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
With Social Media
MOAA’s websites may offer you the ability to use Facebook Connect or other social media services (collectively, “social media”) in conjunction with certain services or articles. When you access the services through your Facebook or other social media account, the services may, depending on your
We follow best practices to protect your information that is submitted to us. This website is scanned regularly for security vulnerabilities and is PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant as determined by a PCI ASV (Payment Card Industry Approved Scanning Vendor).